GAWF knows that the children of today are the citizens of tomorrow and that by being taught respect for animals and shown the true meaning of animal welfare, this young generation will hopefully become the enablers and implementers of meaningful changes in attitudes towards animals in Greece and around the world.
Collaboration with Hellenic Cosmos - Cultural Centre
Our latest welfare education project aimed to reach more children than ever before. We worked in close cooperation with one of the leading cultural centres in Athens that is visited by thousands of young people every year and after months of development ‘The Animal Lawsuit’ premiered at Hellenic Cosmos.
The Cultural Centre’s trained staff used sound, movement, masks and theatrical role-play alongside traditional storytelling to create interaction.
Here are some of the other educational strategies we have been using:
- Annual writing competitions for school students focusing on animal friendly themes
- Printing and distribution of age group-targeted leaflets designed as teaching aids in schools
- Visits to schools and communities with a teacher which delivered the welfare message through English language lessons.
- Distribution of specially designed information leaflets with easy-to-follow instructions about various issues in the area of equine care (e.g.hobbling; dental care; hoof trimming).
- Seminars for local welfare groups aimed at office support and organizational techniques.
- Seminars for owners of equines and veterinarians with hands-on training in every aspect of equine care
- The printing, publication and distribution of a wide range of public information leaflets on various welfare issues